DFPD’s Event Information & Request page
The Durango Fire Protection District is dedicated to working together with our community to achieve the highest levels of preparedness, prevention, and community involvement with a dedication to purpose. We are honored to participate in community and neighborhood events, sporting events, informational presentations, fire prevention presentations, and trainings*.
- Please make all requests at least TWO WEEKS in advance.
- We may not be able to accommodate all event requests due to firefighter training and other scheduling conflicts.
- If a fire crew attends your event, they will typically remain “in service” and stage the apparatus somewhere that allows them to leave quickly if they are dispatched to an emergency.
- Fire crew visits at community events are typically scheduled for 1-2 hours, with the understanding that responding to an emergency may cause the crew to be late to the event, to have to leave abruptly, or in some cases, will not be able to attend.
- After we receive your completed online form, you will be contacted within two business days for confirmation of receipt, further information, and/or status of request.
Questions? Please contact our Community Education Coordinator, Scot Davis, at: email@example.com or 970-382-6014
*We are unable to send crews/rigs to private events such as birthday parties.
Types of Events that we typically cover
• Sporting Events
• Races - road, running, XC, XC ski, etc.
• *Fire Extinguisher Training
• Disaster Preparedness training
• Evacuation Training
• First Aid/CPR Training - Please contact: Trent at Heart Safe La Plata, 970-385-3260
• AED Training - Please contact: Trent at Heart Safe La Plata, 970-385-3260
• *There is a $50 per 20 participant charge for Fire Extinguisher Training.
• Fire Prevention
• Wilderness Urban Interface (WUI)
• Smoke Alarm Placement
• Operation and Maintenance
• Creating a Home Safety Plan
Frequently Asked Questions
Can there be a Late Arrival or No Arrival?
It is possible that we will be required to arrive late or not arrive at all without notification. This can be caused by an emergency response prior to the starting time of your event and we may be committed for several hours. We will notify you as soon as possible concerning any change in plans.
Are all of your Fire Trucks “on duty” at all times?
Please understand that our first responsibility is to respond to emergencies. If an emergency arises during your event we may be required to respond to that emergency. All stations, career and volunteer, and all vehicles at technically “in service” at all times.
Do you provide Handout Materials?
We work to provide written materials and handouts at each event we participate in. Number or participants, inventory and time of year can affect our ability to provide these materials.
We typically ‘stock’ 20+ informational handouts for adults and 30+ for youth. For more information, please contact our Community Education Coordinator, Scot Davis, at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-382-6014